Board of Directors Position Descriptions
CFSA Officer Positions
The President serves as Chairman of the Board. With the help and direction of the Board of Directors, the President shall have control of the business and affairs of CFSA and shall perform all duties expected of the in office President and any other duties assigned to him or her by the Board of Directors.
The Vice President shall perform duties expected of the office of Vice President and have any other powers assigned to him or her by the President or the Board of Directors. In the absence of the President, the Vice President will perform the duties of the President and will have the powers of and be subject to all the restrictions upon the President.
The Treasurer will be responsible for the maintenance of adequate books of account for the Association; have custody of all funds and securities of CFSA and be responsible for the receipt and disbursement. They will also perform all other duties expected of the Treasurer and any other duties assigned by the President or Board of Directors. With approval of the Board of Directors, the Treasurer may delegate specified duties to the Executive Director or other person. The Treasurer can also act as Secretary if the Executive Director is unable.
Board of Directors
- Attend all Board meetings, and review materials and data sent to Board members for input and opinion from the headquarters office
- Examine the Association’s programs, offerings and other activities to ensure relevance
- Act as fiduciary stewards of the Association’s resources
- Promote the programs, features and benefits of CFSA membership to members and non-members alike
- Recruit non-members to join the Association (and assisted by the headquarters staff)
- Lend industry and business expertise to all dialogue affecting the Association and its members