Selected Independent Funeral Homes will host its 104th Annual Meeting at the Grand Hyatt Washington in Washington, DC, on September 21-24, 2022. The theme for this year’s meeting is “Connect. Collaborate. Celebrate.” Throughout the meeting, the Association will encourage participants to connect with colleagues, collaborate on innovative ideas and celebrate, not only unique Selected traditions, but also the unique value they bring to their communities.
A key component in every firm’s value is its staff. Keynote speaker Alyson Van Hooser will share how funeral service professionals can lead, influence and impact generationally diverse staff. Her session, “Future-Proof Leadership Strategy: Stories, Not Statistics,” will offer insights which foster authentic connections between the members of any team.
Another essential value element is brand. In the session, “Brand Now: Scrappy Ideas for How to Stand Out in a Crowded World and What to Do Next,” Nick Westergaard will demonstrate how to build value into a firm through seven Brand Now dynamics.
Many other dynamic speakers will add value by sharing their insights at the Annual Meeting. View a list of all speakers and sessions online. Additional highlights will include the following:
- Up to 9.5 hours of continuing education credit (0.95 CE Units) by the Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice and states requiring CE. (Approvals vary by state.)
- Recognition of Selected Membership Milestone anniversaries.
- Induction of Selected’s 2022-2023 Board Chair, President and Board Directors, plus recognition of outgoing Officers.
- Recognition of the Selected Educational Trust’s Ambassador of the Year Awards honoring Funeral Service Professional Charles M. “Chip” Billow, President & Chief Executive Officer of Billow’s Funeral Homes & Crematory in Akron, Ohio; and Industry Partner Leader Kevin Czachor, CSO of ASD – Answering Service for Directors, in Media, Penn.
- Opportunities to connect with Selected’s Preferred Partners both at their individual displays and during informational “Conversation Café” sessions.
- Arlington National Cemetery Tour – Saturday, September 24.
“The past two years have changed us in ways big and small,” said Josh Blake, Selected’s 2021-2022 President. “We’ve adapted, pivoted and met the challenges we’ve faced to get to where we are today. While we don’t know what the road ahead will bring, we do know that the relationships built between trusted colleagues are invaluable to keep moving us forward. The Annual Meeting provides a valuable opportunity to connect, collaborate and celebrate.”
Spots are filling quickly! Register and make your hotel reservations today.