The CFSA Nominations Committee, chaired by immediate past president Jerry Burchett (PPG Industries), will begin meeting over the summer to develop a slate of candidates for consideration by the Board of Directors and, ultimately, the full CFSA membership at the association business meeting during the Fall Conference & Trade Show on October 29-30, 2018, in Columbus, Ohio.
In accordance with CFSA’s bylaws, the committee is charged with nominating candidates for the officer positions (except for immediate past president) and three new Board members to fill three-year terms. Anyone interested in being considered may contact executive director George Buckley at the CFSA headquarters office (gbuckley@CFSAA.org). Should you wish to nominate someone, please first obtain that nominee’s approval.
The 2018 chair of the Lifetime Recognitions Award committee will soon convene his/her committee to undertake the important task of identifying worthy candidates for recognition. The criteria for this prestigious award include:
- Individual must be or have been affiliated with a CFSA-member company;
- Individual must have been in the industry for not less than 35 years of service;
- A maximum of two awards will be presented each year; one may be awarded posthumously;
- Awards will be presented at the Fall Conference & Trade Show and announced at the Winter Seminar; and
- CFSA’s Board of Directors may present an award based on special circumstances that merit recognition of an individual.
The 2017 winners were Mike Fleming (Keith M. Merrick Co.) and Steve Duffy (Matthews Aurora Funeral Solutions). You can view a complete list of the past 26 Lifetime Recognition Award winners on page 6 of your 2018 CFSA Membership Directory and on our web site. If you would like to nominate a worthy candidate, please contact executive director George Buckley at the CFSA headquarters office (gbuckley@CFSAA.org).