1. How many years have you worked in the funeral industry?
I have served the funeral industry for 30 plus years.
2. How did you get started in the funeral industry?
I began my career as an Assistant to the founder of Astral. As my career advanced, I expanded to a leadership role in Customer Service. I also served on Astral’s Fiduciary Committee for many years, and other Benefit Programs.
3. What is the most rewarding part of your occupation?
My main goal is customer satisfaction in regard to service, quality, and relationships. My role as a Servant Leader encourages development for relationships, which is priority for ourselves and our customers.
4. Is there a specific moment or experience in your career that encapsulates your passion for what you do?
I fully understood the importance of memorializing a loved one, when I had to bury my own Father. To participate in the customization of the burial products while striving to share his legacy with others, was a big factor in my own healing process. Every family deserves this opportunity.
5. Who or what inspires you?
I’ve been exposed to many great leaders over the years, including our current President, Don Robinson. Our transition to the Wilbert Group has set us on a path for growth, and I’m excited to cultivate new relationships with Funeral Professionals.
6. How long have you been a member of CFSA?
Astral began its affiliation with CMA in the 1970s, and we’ve retained our membership status to this day.
7. How has being a CFSA member impacted your experience in the funeral supply industry?
Being a member of CFSA allows for fellowship with like-minded professionals. Members share current trends and issues facing our Industry, and we work together for solutions.
8. Favorite moment with CFSA?
I’ve enjoyed seeing my past mentors being honored with Lifetime Achievement Awards. I do believe our best memories are yet to be made. I’m looking forward to post-pandemic, “in-person” meetings again!
9. How do you spend your time outside of work?
I enjoy Gardening, Reading, Art, and a touch of Retail Therapy! The Beach is my happy place. Most of all, I enjoy spending time with Mike, my husband of 36 years, our two beautiful children and spouses, and 4 grandchildren. Spending time with my grandkids is the biggest reward in my life.
10. What are some important/notable trends that you have noticed in the funeral supply industry?
Crushing the misnomer that 20 gauge non-gasketed caskets have to be unattractive. The competitive Global Market today demands all things; price, quality, service and eye appeal. As a manufacturer, we work hard to provide these things. Increasing a family’s options for the Final Memory Picture is our responsibility as an Industry.