The Board of Directors of the CFSA is composed of 13 members in good standing, elected by the membership at the association’s Annual Meeting.
WHY SERVE ON THE BOARD?
Serving on the Board of CFSA is probably one of the most enjoyable experiences a member of the funeral supply industry can have. Not only does the Board serve as a corporate deliberative body, it is also highly social in its approach to governance and leadership. This unique combination of interaction creates a high-end experience of camaraderie and sense of “family” and fun.
WHAT IS THE TIME COMMITMENT?
We pride ourselves on not being “high¬ maintenance” or “time hogs” for our Board members and other volunteers. We use technology to meet and discuss issues whenever appropriate, making this volunteer role a convenient one for the Board members.
In a nutshell, the Board members engage the following activities within CFSA:
- Attend all Board meetings, and review materials and data sent to Board members for input and opinion from the headquarters office
- Examine the Association’s programs, offerings, and other activities to ensure relevance
- Act as fiduciary stewards of the Association’s resources
- Promote the programs, features and benefits of CFSA membership to members and non-members alike
- Recruit non-members to join the Association (and assisted by the headquarters staff)
- Lend industry and business expertise to all dialogue affecting the Association and its members