The National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) recently announced that 155 funeral homes have earned the 2015 Pursuit of Excellence Award. This award is presented by NFDA annually to firms that have demonstrated a commitment to raising the bar on funeral service excellence by adhering to strict ethical and professional standards and providing outstanding service to families and communities.
“We offer our congratulations to all NFDA members that earned the 2015 Pursuit of Excellence Award,” said NFDA President Robert Moore, IV, CFSP, CCO. “These funeral homes are committed to exceeding families’ expectations every day and represent the very best in our profession. We are proud to count them as members of NFDA.”
To earn an NFDA Pursuit of Excellence Award, a funeral home must demonstrate proficiency in key areas of funeral service, such as compliance with state and federal regulations; providing ongoing education and professional development opportunities for staff; offering outstanding programs and resources to bereaved families; maintaining an active level of involvement in the community; participating and actively serving in the funeral service profession; and, promoting funeral home services through a variety of marketing, advertising, and public relations programs. Participants are also required to adhere to a Pledge of Ethical Practices.
NFDA will honor the 2015 Pursuit of Excellence Award Recipients on October 19 during the All-Star Recognition Ceremony, which will take place during the 2015 NFDA International Convention & Expo in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Information about the NFDA Pursuit of Excellence program, and the complete list of winners, can be found by visiting www.nfda.org/pursuitofexcellence. Listed below are the recipients of the top categories.
Best of the Best Award Recipients
In addition to receiving the 2015 NFDA Pursuit of Excellence Award, four funeral homes earned the Best of the Best Award, which recognizes the development and execution of an innovative program or service that had a positive impact on the families and communities they serve.
· Anderson-Burris Funeral Home & Crematory, Enid, Oklahoma
· DeMoney-Grimes, A “Life Story” Funeral Home, Columbia City, Indiana
· Holman-Howe Funeral Home, Lebanon, Missouri
· Morrissett Funeral & Cremation Service, North Chesterfield, Virginia
NFDA Hall of Excellence Inductees
NFDA-member funeral homes are inducted into the Hall of Excellence upon receiving their 10th Pursuit of Excellence Award. In recognition of their consistent display of professional and ethical excellence, nine funeral homes will be inducted into the NFDA Hall of Excellence in 2015.
· Branch Funeral Home, Smithtown, New York
· Caldwell & Cowan Funeral Home Inc., Covington, Georgia
· Gamble Funeral Service Inc., Savannah, Georgia
· Olson Funeral Home & Cremation Service, Sheboygan, Wis.
· Roller-Crouch Funeral Home, Batesville, Arkansas
· Roller-Daniel Funeral Home, Searcy, Arkansas
· Sharer-Stirling-Skivolocke Funeral Home, Alliance, Ohio
· Weeks’ Enumclaw Funeral Home, Enumclaw, Washington
· Weeks’ Funeral Home, Buckley, Washington